NOTE: These clips offer a preview of Bruce on stage as a keynote speaker. You’ll hear content from a number of his presentation topics.
- Clip 1 (2:12): Why is it getting more and more difficult to recruit, manage and retain the best people? The workforce is becoming more and more high pressure and the workforce is becoming more and more high maintenance. It’s all about strong hands-on leadership.
- Clip 2 (2:34): Real empowerment requires the hard work of managers in the real world. Real empowerment is about guidance, direction, support and coaching from you. You’re the boss. You have all the power.
- Clip 3 (3:52): Generation Y –The most high maintenance workforce in the history of the world, but also the highest performing workforce in the history of the world.
- Clip 4 (3:35): The number one myth is what we call the Myth of Empowerment —that somehow the way to empower people is to leave them alone to manage themselves and that somehow people do their best work when they are left alone.
- Clip 5 (4:17): Haven’t there always been different people of different generations working side by side? Why are we talking about this now? There are three things that are different about generational difference now.
- Clip 6 (3:25): The trick to getting people on board, up to speed faster and keeping the best people longer is you. It’s strong hands-on leadership. Somewhere along the line we’ve gotten too far away from the basics.
- Clip 7 (:48): I will be your personal management consultant.
This version of Bruce’s preview video was released in July 2008.
We’re happy to send you a set of Bruce’s preview materials (which includes these preview video clips on DVD) via UPS. Please contact Jeff Coombs to request a set.
E:jeffc AT rainmakerthinking DOT com